Monday, October 15, 2007

Teach Them MY ways...

My first year of homeschooling.....and we are working about 2.5 hours every day learning and growing together. I believe that my girl is getting educated far beyond what she would be in school mostly because of the one-on-one time, BUT...

I just feel in my spirit that something is wrong. I just know that I should spend more time teaching her the word of God than geography, grammar, math, etc....especially now (young).

Joshua 1:8 says, "8This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success."

I know I can teach her through the Bible, but I just don't know how.... all I know is, He is telling me to "teach them My ways."

2 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Sheri,

You ARE teaching her about the Bible----by LIVING it! I'm afraid she wouldn't find it very pleasant to sit for several hours a day reading through God's Word. Keep living and loving with His grace----she'll emulate it and choose it for herself!

BraggFam said...

Sheri
This is were I am at as well. Here are some things working for us. Together with both girl's: we are reading and talking about gensis right now. Just taking a chapter a day kind of thing. We also do a devotional called our 24 family ways by sally clarkson. Madison (9): Does her copywork from psalms (that is were she is right now) she loves this. Several times she has spoken to mckenahlater and talked with her about having an open heart to recieve direction from mommy or daddy based on what she copied. I told her to pick a book of the bible and she has done the rest. She will come and talk to me or I will ask her what she read while she copied and it just opens up conversation. She does personal reading on her own. Mckenah (6.5) doe sthe things we do together and then we sit and read from a story bible with a small amount of reading each day and memeroy verse. This has worked well for us. Also Live it out. My girls learn from my example and matt's. They see this (I figure you already know this one)