Thursday, November 15, 2007

Who said homeschooling was easy?

I remember the day that I would dream of when ALL my children would be in school...I told my husband that I would LOVE being a stay-at home mom then! I would run all my errands, clean the house, have food for everyone...and do all the things I have always wanted to do! :O)

One year into school (with still 2 little ones at home), we are called to homeschool. I told my husband, you are going to have to make this decision because I was skewed by my vision of "me time!"

He made the decision and I am a homeschooler - I don't have much time to run errands, put away the laundry or do all the things I dreamed of...Instead I

Get to - love on my children all day long, I get the best part of their day, I get every teachable moment (if I am paying attention!), I get to cuddle on the couch with a book (and sometimes in my PJ's!), I get hugs and kisses all day long. I don't get the leftovers anymore!

I am so grateful to get this time with these GIFTS from God! I let the laundry pile, the dishes pile, and all the stuff can just wait...I am sure there will be plenty of time to catch up when they are gone. :O)

Loving it!

2 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

I love it that you "get" it! TIME!! It's so important. It will produce lasting relationships---I promise!!

Now.....about after they are gone. I think I'm busier now than I was when they were little!!

SheriYates said...

Robin - you are a mighty encourager! Thanks for this! It is amazing how much more important the relationship is than anything else! Love you